Privileges for Recognized Campus Ministers
WCU believes it is important for students to continue to grow and explore their faith while they are in college. In support of this ideal, WCU affords recognized campus ministers who are advising an active, recognized student organization with the following privileges:
- WCU identification card (CatCard)
- Parking permit without charge (a visitor’s permit will be issued by the Parking Services Office for ministers who do not advise a recognized student organization)
- Access to the Hunter Library
- 3 week check out for library general collection, new books, leisure reading collection, and children's reading collection
- 1 week check out for music CD collection
- On-campus access to library databases and electronic resources
- The WCU identification card (CatCard) is required to check out materials
- Membership at the Campus Recreation Center at same monthly fee as faculty and staff ($60/semester)
- Opportunity to register to receive emergency system notifications
- Contact information for new students who identify with their religious organization
Those wishing to be recognized campus ministers will complete a contact and information form and submit the completed form to the Office of Student Affairs. Ministers will be given an identification number which will allow the CatCard Office to issue a WCU identification card. Once the identification card is issued, ministers will be able to obtain a parking permit from Parking Services and have access to the library as well as the Campus Recreation Center, should they decide to become paying members. Recognized ministers will be asked to update the contact and information form annually to ensure the accuracy of our records.
To become a recognized campus minister, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 828.227.7234 or email Shawna Young at email@example.com.