The Advising Center offers comprehensive academic advising to all undeclared undergraduate students. Advisers help students select proper courses, choose careers and appropriate majors, understand university academic policies and procedures, and cope with the transition to college. Effective advising is a key element to your progress each semester toward the completion of your degree. Students can use GradesFirst to schedule an appointment. After you have been assigned to a faculty adviser in your major, you will need to contact your new advisor to find out the best way to schedule advising appointments.
The degree audit tool allows you, at any point, to assess your progress toward your degree:
1. Log into MyCat
2. Click on the “Personal Services” tab
3. Click on the “Student” tab
4. Click on “Student Records”
5. Click on “Degree Audit/Evaluation”
6. Choose the appropriate term (if this is an option) and click submit
7. You will see your current curriculum information including your major. To run a degree audit/evaluation, click on “Generate New Evaluation” in the middle of the page at the bottom.
8. Select the button next to the major you wish to run an audit for and click the “Generate Request” button.
9. Wait patiently for the audit to generate.
10. Select the button next to “Detail Requirements” and click submit.
11. You should now see your degree audit. Courses you still need to satisfy will appear with a red “No” next to them.
Killian Annex | Second Floor | 828.227.7753 | advising.wcu.edu