Immunization Requirements for Catamount Students
North Carolina state law (General Statute 130A-155.1) requires anyone entering college to present a certificate of immunization that documents their compliance with all required immunizations
Review the guidelines for completing immunization records and Obtain the immunization record form. Return completed form to the immunization fax line at 828-227-7801 or email to UHSImmunizations@wcu.edu or mail to 1 Bird Ln, Cullowhee NC 28723.
The statute applies to all college and university students, except:
- Students taking all evening classes.
- Students taking classes which meet off campus.
- Students taking no more than four day credit hours in on-campus courses.
- Students taking weekend classes only.
N.C. General Statute states the certificate of immunization shall include:
- the name of the student
- the name of the student’s parent, guardian, or person responsible for the student obtaining the required immunizations [if under 18]
- the address of the student and the parent, guardian or responsible person [if under 18]
- the date of birth of the student
- the sex of the student
- the number of doses of the vaccine given with the date the doses were given
- the name and address of the physician or local health department administering the required immunizations
- and other relevant information required by the Commission. G.S. 130A-154(a)
The immunization requirements must be met; or according to NC law, you will be withdrawn from classes without credit.
You must have complete immunization information before registering for your class schedule.
For further information please contact Health Services at 828-227-7640 or fax your immunizations to 828-227-7801.