For More Information:
Contact EMS Chief
EMS Membership Information
- The WCU EMS team shall consist of students enrolled in WCU. These students will be selected under the direction of the Director of Health Services, the University Physician who will act as the Medical Advisor for the team, and the EMS Supervisor. Input from the current student officers of WCU EMS will be considered.
- Team members are considered student employees of Western Carolina University and will be held accountable to all codes of conduct pertaining to the university.
- In order to qualify as a responding member of WCU EMS, the applicant must possess/meet
a. Possess and maintain a valid NCEMT-Basic or higher certification
b. Be at least 18 years of age
c. Have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0
d. Possess a valid driver's license
e. Maintain current CPR certification
f. Attend CME - ongoing as deemed appropriate
- WCU EMS will not discriminate against any member on the basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
- WCU EMS members will not function as responders if they have any physical or mental impairment or disease which could reasonably be expected either to impair their ability to function as an EMT or to jeopardize the health or safety of their patients. If a disease or impairment exists, the member will immediately inform an officer of WCU EMS.
- All personnel are required to attend an orientation program prior to becoming responding members of WCU EMS.
- All active members may participate when the program is offered.