THESE PROGRAMS OPEN ON AUGUST 1ST, 2014 FOR FIRST TIME FRESHMEN AND TRANSFER STUDENTS
As you may know, Western Carolina University (WCU) has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse and sexual assault prevention. Each year over ½ million students complete these courses.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for new students, WCU expects you to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven. These online courses will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond.
Your login directions and additional details are included in this communication.
Alcoholedu and Haven are mandatory. WCU will utilize registration holds if students have not finished programs by assigned due dates.
Other Important Information:
• You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
• To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser released within the previous two years.
• You may take the course(s) in multiple sittings.
• The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students' attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students' answers.
• Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the "Help" link within the course.
Thank you, and enjoy the courses!
Margaret Z. Basehart
Coordinator, Alcohol and Drug Education