The DSCE Faculty Fellow Program links the University’s commitment to academic excellence and personal responsibility. This program seeks to provide opportunities and incentives for faculty fellows to explore and implement academic integrity initiatives into the living and learning community of Western Carolina University.
DSCE Faculty Fellow Position Description:
- Participate in New Faculty Orientation and other trainings beginning as early as August 1, with flexibility given to summer/fall schedules
- Assist in the adjudication of Academic Integrity cases and in the development of additional hearing options for the resolution of Academic Integrity cases
- Assist in the planning and development of Academic Integrity programs and activities, including WCU faculty connection sessions.
- Coordinate outreach to WCU Academic departments related to the AI Policy, process, and DSCE's role in AI.
- Act as an adjunct member of the DSCE staff and meet with DSCE staff on a regular basis
- Identify regular work hours averaging 10 hours per week (150 per semester)
- Serve as an advocate for the DSCE in multiple arenas and recruit AI Board members, as needed
- Assist faculty members and the academic community with questions and issues related to the AI policy and process
- Actively integrate these ideals as a component in one or more of classes being taught
- Coordinate and facilitate one in-service training session for faculty per semester (Fall/Spring)
- Assist in student learning outcomes assessment and other DSCE research efforts
- Other duties, as discussed