Faculty & Staff Information

Traveling Internationally for WCU?
We offer travel tips and advisories.  And all faculty and staff traveling overseas on university business are required to submit a completed International Travel Request and Approval Form AND a Policy 100 form prior to your departure.  

Want to Teach or Research Abroad?
Many external agencies offer grants, scholarships, and fellowships to help teachers and administrators study and work abroad. A major resource is the Fulbright Scholar Program. Additionally, faculty exchanges are possible with our international partners.
International Faculty at WCU
Increasingly, international faculty are teaching and visiting the WCU campus for short-term and long-term experiences.   Learn more recruitment, hiring procedures and visas for international faculty. Learn more about the procedures for inviting an international colleague/researcher to campus for a few weeks, semester or year.

Teaching and Advising International Students
Since international students bring other challenges to academic advising, the teaching/learning process, and cultural understanding, IPS seeks to assist faculty with these issues.

Advising Study Abroad Students

WCU students wanting to participate in a study abroad experience rely on faculty advisors in order to identify appropriate courses to take at their host institution.  IPS provides guidelines to assist faculty:  Study Abroad Course Approval Form; Study Abroad Course Approval Form Instructions; Direct Enrollment Approval Form; and Direct Enrollment Instructions


Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services