Interested in making a difference while at WCU? The Office of Development and WCU Phonathon is seeking 7-8 new Chatty Cats for the 2014 fall semester.
The position of Chatty Cat involves contacting WCU graduates, parents and friends of the University by telephone for multiple reasons. These include, but are not limited to, updating their records, updating them on and/or promoting campus activities and asking them to make a monetary donation to WCU. These phone calls not only raise money for the University, but also build and strengthen the relationship we have with our graduates and supporters. Because our Chatty Cats serve as ambassadors for the University, it is essential we recruit and hire students who are enthusiastic about WCU and who will be dedicated to their work.
All aspects of calling will be covered during a mandatory day-long training session and baseline scripts will be provided throughout the semester to help you organize your thoughts and to ensure all essential information is covered while speaking to prospects.
• Current enrolled WCU student
• A minimum GPA of 2.3 or higher
• In good judicial standing with the University
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Strong knowledge of the University
• Confident, courteous and friendly personality
• Reliable and dedicated
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good time management
- Monday-Thursday, 6-9 p.m.
- Every other Sunday, 2-5 p.m. (fall semester only)
*We currently hire 14 Chatty Cats who each work two shifts per week, as well as two designated Sunday shifts during the fall semester.*
The deadline to apply is Friday, August 22 by 5 p.m.
For more information or to request an application, please email Alisha Lambert at email@example.com.