All club sport participants are required to have an IMLeagues account before they
participate. Participants will be required to enter their WCU username and password
before being logged into IMLeagues. After the first time logging in, you will log-in
with your WCU credentials every time.
- Go to recconnect.wcu.edu and log in using your WCU credentials.
- Click Create Account.
- Enter your information. You must use your WCU email account and submit. Students (@catamount.wcu.edu);
Faculty/Staff (@wcu.edu or @email.wcu.edu)
- Click the activation link in your email to login and activate your WCU IMLeagues account.
- Click on Club Sports and the current active club sports will be displayed.
- You can join a club sport one of two ways:
- Officers can invite members to their club sport by clicking the "Invite Members" link
on the team page. Any invited members may accept the invitation to be joined to your
team. If they've already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name, and invite them.
If they haven't yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the "Invite by Email Address"
box, and input their email address.
- To join a team, accept a request from the captain to join the club or click on the
club sport you wish to join and then click on the green Register/Signup button.
- All participants must fill out the Assumption of Risk/Release, Emergency Contact Information,
and Club Sport Code of Conduct before participating with a club sport.
IMLeagues offers a live support button in the bottom right corner of all page. Please use this button if you encounter any
2017-2018 Club Sports and Presidents
Ballroom Dance - Justin Stevenson (Club Twitter, Instagram, Email: email@example.com)
Bass Fishing - Jason Ashe, (Club Facebook, Instagram)
Cheer - Jordyn Franklin, (Club Facebook, Instagram)
Climbing - Jacob O'Neal, (Club Instagram)
Cycling - Sean Duffy, (Club Facebook, Instagram)
Equestrian - Leah Parrish (Club Facebook, YouTube, website, Instagram)
Golf - Brady Joyner
Men's Baseball - Zach White, (Club Twitter, website)
Men's Rugby - Corey Ambrose, (Club Facebook)
Men's Soccer - Pablo Valenzuela
Men's Volleyball - D.J. Williams
Ultimate Frisbee - Ian McClelland (Club Facebook)
Women's Lacrosse - Caroline Thompson (Club Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
Women's Rugby - Madeline Haneline, (Club Facebook, Instagram)
Women's Soccer - Taylor Hutson, (Club Facebook)
Women's Volleyball - Alex Barnett (Club Facebook)
The Club Sport Program reviews new club sport requests to determine if there is sufficient
student interest and resources to support the activity. Students who wish to create
a club must decide whether they wish to be competitive or social/instructional in
nature. If you wish to start a social/instructional club, you will start with the
Office of Leadership and Student Involvement’s steps to create a new Registered Student Organization. If you wish to start a competitive club sport, you will need to speak with Associate
Director for Intramural and Club Sports. There are several factors to take into consideration
when forming a new club sport such as gaining student interest, club leadership, start-up
costs, practice locations, competition opponents, governing bodies, equipment, etc.
Students looking to start a new club sport need to complete and submit the following
- Club Sport Membership Application
- Advisor Agreement
- Coach Agreement
- New Member Interest List (Need 10 for individual sports or 15 for team sports)
- Club Constitution & Bylaws (see WCU Orgysnc club pages for constitution examples)
- Copies of CPR/AED First Aid Certification for two safety officers
- Register as a Registered Student Organization
Once all documents are completed, please set up a meeting with the Associate Director for Intramural and Club Sports. Notify and submit all documents by Monday, April 9th, 2018. All club sports start
fall semester only.
Club Sports depend on the generosity of family, friends, faculty/staff, businesses,
and alumni. Your financial support assists clubs with annual operating costs such
as coaching services, registration fees, equipment, travel, and apparel. Donors have
the option to donate directly to a specific club. Here are a few ways one can support
our program and club sport teams.
Ways to Help
- Make check payable to WCU Foundation, specify Student Affairs and the specific club
spot name (ex. Women's Club Volleyball), and mail to WCU Campus Recreation and Wellness,
379 Memorial Drive, Cullowhee, NC 28723.
- Donate online through the WCU Foundation. Choose Your Gift/Your choice, then scroll down to Other, mark Student Affairs, and
write in comments to indicate which club sport you are donating to.
- Donate “gifts-in-kind” in the form of essential equipment, materials, or other items.
If you are interested in donating equipment or other materials, please contact the Associate Director for Intramural and Club Sports.