1) Check, money order, cashier's check
Mail full payment to:
Western Carolina University
Student Account's Office
119 Killian Annex
Cullowhee, NC 28723
Or bring full payment to the OneStop Student Service Center in the Killian Annex.
Checks must be drawn on U.S. banks.
2) Credit card (VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover) and online checking account payment
Western Carolina University charges a 2.75% nonrefundable convenience fee ($3.00 minimum) on Mastercard, VISA, American Express and Discover card payments for general payments on students' accounts in Bill+Payment through MyCat.For general payments on students' accounts in Bill+Payment through MyCat: MyCat Login or Authorized User Login
For application fees, deposits, orientation, and CatCash payments: Specialty Payment Login
The Specialty Payment Login is unavailable from 11:00 p.m. to 12:05 a.m. nightly due to system maintenance.
3) Payment Plan
Western Carolina University offers an alternative to paying your college expenses in one lump sum. The payment plan allows you to pay your semester charges in 5, 4 or 3 equal monthly payments beginning June 1st for the Fall term and November 1st for the Spring term. The payment plan enrollment fee is $50 per semester and is payable at the time of enrollment. Please note that payment plans are not available for the Summer semester.
Working together with Tuition Management Systems (TMS), we have begun to implement their newest technology that is integrated with our student accounting system which will provide real time updates to your student account, along with up to the minute balance information available to you within the Student Account Center (SAC) on-line portal.
Accessing Tuition Management System's Student Account Center:
- Due to student privacy regulations (FERPA), the student accesses the Tuition Management System's Student Account Center through the Western Carolina University MyCat account or by going directly to http://wcu.afford.com/SAC/SingleSignOn .
- The student logs into the TMS Student Account Center using the WCU Catamount email login credentials.
- Since additional family members are frequently a critical partner in this process, the student (once logged into the SAC) is encouraged to extend invitations to additional participants to help manage the account.
It is important to note the student must register first and then they can share access with any additional participants who will be helping manage their account.
Using the Student Account Center:
Once registered, the student and authorized participants can access the online Student Account Center to:
- Enroll in the payment plan as well as manage the payment plans budget amount, etc. throughout the length of the plan (adjustments require school approval).
- Share account access by providing additional participants with the ability to assist managing your account by viewing the account balance, setting up payment plans or making one time payments. Students may grant access to as many additional participants as necessary to help satisfy the balance owed*.
- If the student is having issues accessing the Student Account Center through MyCat, please contact Tuition Management Systems at 1- 800-208-4785 for assistance.
- Only the student can invite other authorized users to access their information. The student can grant access to as many people as necessary as it is common to have more than one person help satisfy the balance owed.
- If any authorized sponsors have registered for SAC access and forgotten their password, please contact Tuition Management Systems at 1- 800-208-4785 to have your SAC password re-set.
- Keep in mind that the Fall payment plan begins on June 1st and the Spring payment plan begins on November 1st. You are encouraged to enroll in the payment prior to the start dates to avoid making up past due payments but can still enroll in the payment plan after the start dates.
*To ensure compliance to FERPA regulations, only students are able to invite parents/additional participants to view their account and make payments. Once the student has registered, they will utilize the "Manage Account Access" feature to invite participants. Once invited, participants will receive an invitation email containing activation instructions.
4)International Wire Transfers (international students only)Western Carolina University provides you a method of paying your tuition and fees in your own currency via Travelex, a specialist in global business payments. There are no transaction charges from Travelex or Western, though you may be charged transaction fees by the banks. The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours after you have initiated the transaction and payment must be received by Travelex within that period. Neither Travelex nor Western shall be liable to you or the intended beneficiary for any additional costs, fees, or expenses resulting from the untimely delivery of the payment as set forth above. By clicking the following link, you are choosing the "Travelex Bank to Bank Transfer" process for your Western Carolina University tuition payment. For more information on Travelex, please visit http://www.travelexbusiness.com/na.