Am I Eligible for Financial Aid?
In order to receive and remain eligible to receive federally funded financial aid, you must:
- Be a U. S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Register with Selective Service, if required.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Have financial need (except for certain types of loans).
- Be accepted into a degree-seeking or teacher certification program.
- Be enrolled in school at least half-time (six credit hours per semester for undergraduate students and five credit hours per semester for graduate students).
- Be making satisfactory academic progress (SAP).
- Have never been convicted for the possession or sale of illegal drugs, or meet the requirements for those who have had a past drug conviction.
- Not be in default on a federally funded student loan.
- Not owe a refund on previously paid federal financial aid.
- Not have met your aggregate limits for aid programs.