All students are required to accept the WCU Financial Aid Terms and Conditions each
year along with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once we receive your FAFSA information, we will send you information about how
to accept the Terms and Conditions.
Students selected for the verification process
The Department of Education flags at least one out of three students at every financial
aid granting institution to go through a process called verification. If you are
selected for verification, the Financial Aid Office is required to verify information
you provided on your FAFSA.
If you are selected for verification:
- The Financial Aid Office will let you know which documents you need to submit in order to begin the verification process. Please do not submit any forms to our office until you have received a request.
- If discrepancies are found between your FAFSA and the requested documents received by the Financial Aid Office, we may need additional documents or information to complete the verification process.
- If changes need to be made to your FAFSA, based on the verification process, the Financial Aid Office will submit these changes. Please do not make changes to your FAFSA once you have submitted verification documents. Doing so may cause lengthy delays in your awarding.
- Once the verification process has been completed and any corrections, if needed, have been made and confirmed by the Federal Processor, your file will be ready for awarding.
The verification process may take up to four weeks to complete, from the time we receive your documents, and must be completed before you can receive any financial aid.
All communication from the Financial Aid Office is sent directly to the student by email. You have access to your Gateway/My Cat account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All requirments for your financial aid are listed there.
- New students should check the Catamount Gateway for any required documentation and award information.
- Currently enrolled and returning students are responsible for checking Catamount email for correspondance. You may also view your financial aid requirements and award information in My Cat at any time.
When your financial aid file is complete, a financial aid award will be made.