Degree Offered: Master of Public Affairs (M.P.A.)
Departmental Website: Public Affairs - M.P.A.
Program Description: The Master of Public Affairs degree is designed to attract students interested in
leadership careers in public service. While their undergraduate training varies, many
M.P.A. students are employed in public and non-profit agencies and are looking for
The curriculum leading to the degree combines core courses and specialized electives that enhance leadership skills in policy as well as public and nonprofit management. The core classes emphasize applied skills in management, budgeting, policy analysis, and quantitative methods. Students work with faculty advisors to choose a set of elective courses that fit their career goals and employment needs.
Location of Course Offerings: Biltmore Park
- Graduate School Admission Requirements
- Program Admission Requirements
- B average in last two years of undergraduate study
- Satisfactory score in the GRE General Exam
- Up-to-date resume
- A 1-2 page essay that addresses the following question: "Why do you want to pursue and MPA and a career in public service?" In your answer, be sure to discuss how your job, educational and life experiences relate to this goal.
- Prerequisite work may be required of applicants having an inadequate background for the MPA.
Application Deadline: None
Number of Graduate Faculty: 6
Number of Students: 55
Graduate Program Director:
Dr. Roger Hartley
Stillwell Building 349