Degree Offered: Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.)
Program Description: The Middle Grades specialization provides teachers with a deeper understanding of the nature and philosophy of middle grades schools.
The coursework enables students to be inviting, reflective decision makers who can give leadership to the local school system in order to implement or improve middle grades programs.
Courses are offered online only. At the conclusion of the program, students are recommended for Advanced Competencies licensure from the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction for teaching at the middle level (6-9).
Locations of Course Offerings: Online only
- Graduate School Admission Requirements
- Program Admission Requirements
- 3.0 GPA
- Applicant must obtain a minimum score of 800 (total Quantitative & Verbal) on the Graduate Record Examination (286 on the new Revised GRE) or a score above the 30th percentile on the Miller's Analogy Test.
- Three letters of recommendation
- M.A.Ed. applicants must hold or be eligible for the North Carolina "A" license in elementary middle grades education.
- Middle Grades Graduate Certificate applicants should reference the Middle Grades Graduate Certificate to M.A.Ed. Transition Document, available from your program advisor.
Application Deadline: None. Applications are accepted every semester.
Prerequisites: Additional prerequisite coursework may be required.