Campus Services for Graduate Students
Browse the links below for information on campus services in Asheville and Cullowhee.
- Course Tutoring
- Career Services
- Computer Support
- Counseling, Psychological Services
- Dining Options: Cullowhee and Asheville
- Health Services
- ID Cards
- Library: Cullowhee and Asheville
- Shuttle Service (CatTran), Parking Permits: Cullowhee, Biltmore Park (PDF), and Enka
- Recreation: Cullowhee
- Writing and Learning Commons
- Students are encouraged to purchase textbooks online at http://books.wcu.edu/.
- WCU's bookstore is located in Karpen Hall 102 at UNC-A . Hours are published each semester in the WCU Programs in Asheville schedule of classes, and include the day of regular registration from 4:00-7:00pm and the first two weeks of classes from 3:00-6:30pm. Please note that operating hours are very limited.
Enka: Enka Nursing Campus Students should check with the Enka Nursing Campus offices at 828-670-8810, 221 or 222 for the dates and times when books will be available for purchasing at the Enka Nursing Campus bookstore.
Cullowhee: WCU IT
My Cat allows you to register for classes, review class schedules, check grades, view financial aid information, pay account balances, and apply for graduation. My Cat is located at http://mycat.wcu.edu/ or from the Western Carolina University home page (http://www.wcu.edu/).
WebCT (Called WebCat at WCU) is software that allows Western Carolina University to create and host courses on the Internet. To use WebCat, you need an Internet connection. You must know how to use an Internet browser, have basic word processing skills, and have basic computer file management skills. You are not required to know HTML or programming. To get started with WebCT, go to https://ncvista.blackboard.com/webct/logonDisplay.dowebct and follow the instructions for checking your browser, enabling pop-up windows, indicate WebCat as a trusted site for downloading files. and make sure that the right version of Java is properly installed on your computer.
Log-in Information for both:
- Your username is your nine-digit student ID# (920######).
- Your password is your birth date in the following format. MMDDYY
- If you need assistance accessing My Cat, WebCat, or your email, please contact IT Services at 866-928-7487 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For computer information services and assistance, please refer to Western's Information Technology website at http://www.wcu.edu/it, or call toll-free 1-866-928-7487.
Cullowhee: Health Center, Bird Building