WCU will automatically
enroll you into
Pearce & Pearce
If you wish to use
your own home policy,
you must then waive out
of the WCU Policy.
Pearce & Pearce
requires that you submit
your own home policy
Failure to do so
will lead Pearce & Pearce
to deny your waiver,
and you will need to
purchase the WCU policy
as an additional fee.
Regarding Form DS-2019
Do you wish to study on exchange at WCU?
Start by speaking to the Study Abroad Advisor at your home institution.
There are (3) ways to attend WCU on exchange:
1) Bilateral Exchange: If your home institution already has an established BILATERAL agreement with WCU.
Please contact your Study Abroad Advisor
and read information on Bilateral Exchange to WCU
International Student / Transfer / Exchange Student Application
Required: Official copies of academic records from current institution, including a record of all courses taken, grades received, and expected graduation date.
2) UNCEP:If your home institution has an established consortium agreement with the University of North Carolina Exchange Program.
Please contact your home institution's study abroad advisor. Then you must apply to WCU via UNCEP.
3) ISEP: If your home institution collaborates with the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP). If yes, you must apply to WCU via ISEP.
Once accepted to WCU (via one of the above three options), you will receive an acceptance packet with the J-1 Visa Form known as the DS-2019. Note that (3) ISEP will issue this form to you, while the WCU SEVIS Coordinator at WCU will issue this same Visa Form for exchanges attending WCU via (1) Bilateral and (2) UNCEP.
Also among the important information, you will receive the International Checklist to the following:
- SEVIS Fee -- LINK
- Immunization Form - Medical History - (RETURN TO IPS OFFICE)
- Pre-Payment Form - Deposit for either Housing, Tuition or Both - (RETURN TO IPS OFFICE)
- Residency Contract Form - Complete and Sign on Back of Form - (RETURN TO IPS OFFICE)
- Course Selection Form - Complete and Sign - (RETURN TO IPS OFFICE)
- Secure your Financial Arrangements - be prepared to make necessary payments to WCU within the first week / during orientation, such as for housing, meal plan, tuition and/or fees.
- IPS coordinates several annual inter-cultural events, e.g. Study Abroad Fair (September), International Education Week (November), International Festival (April), to build greater awareness of cultural diversity on the WCU campus. IPS encourages you to bring along items that represent your country or home university, etc. that you could use at these annual events.
- Computer Requirement Information
- Inform Christopher Pedo of your travel schedule to Cullowhee at your earliest convenience!
New International and Exchange Student Orientation is mandatory !!!!