Like us on Facebook…
Connect with others.
Know what's happening.
Get date/deadline reminders.
Join the conversation.

Biltmore Park Homepage

Programs Offered at Biltmore Park

Distance & Online Programs

WCU Graduate School


28 Schenck Pkwy, Suite 102
Biltmore Park
Asheville, NC 28803
828.654.6498 tel
828.654.6534 fax


Human Services Programs at Biltmore Park

Whether your goal is to enhance the well-being of people in your community, advance social and economic justice in a leadership position, or make a difference in the lives of individuals, one of these programs may be just right for you.

Graduate Master’s Degrees

Higher Education Student Affairs  (MEd): Fact Sheet | Program Website
This program will prepare students to work in the student affairs professions, which promote the intellectual, social, emotional and personal development of college students. 

Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MS): Fact Sheet | Program Website 
This program prepares counselors for employment in such diverse settings as mental health/substance abuse centers, juvenile court/public offender systems, community colleges, four-year colleges, career counseling centers and more. Upon graduation, students may begin the application process for Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).

School Counseling (MAEd): Fact Sheet Program Website
This program prepares graduates for careers as counselors in elementary, middle/junior high and secondary/high schools.  Successful completion of this degree leads to a recommendation for licensure in K-12 school counseling.

Public Affairs  (MPA): Fact Sheet | Program Website
Master of Public Affairs program offers a professional degree for part-time and full-time students interested in leadership careers in public service including government, nonprofit management, and public policy. Students work closely with experienced faculty to fit the program to their career needs while building lifelong professional networks.

Social Work (MSW): Program Website
This program prepares graduates for careers in a variety of settings, including public agencies, private practice, social service administration and social service management.  The MSW is required for those who want to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). 

Certificates/Licensure Programs


Substance Abuse Studies Certificate: Program Website
The Substance Abuse Studies Certificate program meets the educational requirements for the Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist (LCAS) credential administered by the NC Substance Abuse Professional Practice Board. It is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of individuals working in the field of substance abuse practice and increase the number of qualified addictions specialists in Western North Carolina.


Submit Your Contact Information to Learn More



Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services