Chapter 31- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Once you are approved for this benefit and have been accepted at the university, go to military.wcu.edu and complete the “Military Education Benefits Notification” form found in the purple box on the left hand side of the page.
- Always follow the instructions provided by your case manager.
- There will be an estimate put on the student’s account for the amount we expect to receive from the VA for tuition and fees only. This is just an estimate and may be adjusted based on what the VA actually pays the school.
- You may charge supplies at the book store, if approved. Check with your case manager for details.
- You will be required to pay some fees up front and be reimbursed later. For example, you will have to pay the tuition deposit (currently $150) to ensure your place here at the school. This amount will be included in the tuition reported to the VA.
- If this is the first time you are using this benefit, please remember it can take the VA up to 12 weeks to process your certification once it is submitted. Budget accordingly.
- If you are due a refund, please keep in mind we can not refund you monies we have not yet received. Therefore, all or part of your refund may be delayed until the funds arrive from the VA. You should expect these funds to arrive mid to late semester. Budget accordingly.
Please contact Briana Ford, certifying official, with any questions or concerns you may have. 828.227.3074 or email@example.com
**Please note: this general information applies to Western Carolina University procedures
only. Other schools may have different requirements.
***VA regulations and Western Carolina University procedures are subject to change without prior notice.