Welcome to your summer residence program. You will be very busy and the weeks will pass quickly. You will arrive at the Atlanta airport and be transported to the Western Carolina Campus by bus. Dr. Oren will be in Atlanta to meet you. If you have any problems upon arriving in Atlanta, Dr. Oren can be reached at 828-507-7531.
You will receive a packet of information containing your name badge and your room key (with room number), WCU Cat Card and a flash drive. There is also a phone card with a limited number of minutes. There is also information about your activities on July 4, 2011. There is a lot of other information in the packet. TAKE ONLY YOUR FOLDER; DO NOT TAKE ANYONE ELSE’S FOLDER. Dr. Oren uses the folders to determine arrivals.
Please complete the Arrival Information Form so we can keep track of your flight and arrival.
PLEASE READ: Atlanta Airport Arrival Instructions from Tom Oren
Your Arrival Packet:
Your packet will contain:
- Name Pouch- with jump drive, phone card, Cat Card, Room Key
- Course Schedule with Classrooms, Times and Instructor
- Campus Map
- Activity Schedule for activities designed specifically for you
- Schedule of Activities for all WCU summer students
- Sample copies of information to be copied on July 3 in Educational Outreach
- Staying on campus fact sheet
What happens your first day at Western Carolina University
7:00-9:00 a.m. - Breakfast in Courtyard Dining
Brief Orientation with Dr. Oren in Educational Outreach, Camp 143
10:00 a.m. - Educational Outreach Camp 134/131
1. Complete your USA Homeland Security Requirements: You will need to bring the following documents (see examples) with you on July 4 to Educational Outreach:
- I-20 (Return Info)
- Return Flight information(tickets)
2. Decide your T-Shirt Size
3. Meet the EO staff
11:00 a.m. - After you complete the Education Outreach Documentation- shuttles will
go into town.
Lunch and dinner in the dining hall.
Calendar of Events