Accessing My Cat for Cat-Mail
How Do I Log In?
- Log in to mycat with your 92 number and PIN.
- Click on the Catamount Mail tab in the purple region in the top.
- For the first log in, it will ask you a series of security questions. For the current password, type in the password you used to log in to mycat (the PIN).
- Create a new password with the steps provided. It must meet the security check with a protection level of medium or higher.
- It will ask you for some personal information. This is important to identify you in case there are log in problems.
- After submitting the answers to the above questions, type in the letters and numbers you see in the picture. Once submitted, it should let you into your account.
- 5 GB inbox
- Spam Filters
- Keep your account for life
- Extremely high reliability
- All students have an account
- Integrated MSN chat
- Online scheduling and calendar program
- Access to all Windows Live features
- Account name is first initial, middle initial, followed by last name and a number, followed by “catamount.wcu.edu” For example: John Adam Doe = email@example.com
Q & A
Q: Do I have a separate password, just for catamount mail?
A: Yes, and you should remember it, but once you log in for the first time, catamount mail will sync so you don’t have to enter a password again.
Q: If I change my catamount password, do I have to change anything for catamount mail?
A: No, it should sync automatically.
Q: Can I forward my catamount mail account to another email account?
A: No, in order to ensure email delivery, we cannot allow you to attempt forwarding it to another system.
Q: Why isn’t the Safari web browser working with catamount mail?
A: Unfortunately, Safari is unsupported by Windows Live. Try downloading Mozilla Firefox instead at www.getfirefox.com
More at www.wcu.edu/it/catamountmail/
You can create your very own custom workspace for you and your classmates! Collaborate on group assignments by sharing and editing Word, Powerpoint, and Excel files online and bring your project together. Log in to catamount mail, go to more at the top, and click office live to find out more!
You have 25 GB of storage space in your catamount mail account that you can use to store, share, and back up files! Log in to your account, click on more at the top, and go to skydrive to find out more.
Check out the student computing podcast at hrrp://itunes.wcu.edu For more information on your Windows Live account!