WCU offers several online courses for teacher training and continuing education credit. These courses are offered in partnership with Ed2Go as well as with Western's faculty.
Faculty led Online Professional Development
Featured Ed2Go short courses:
- Solving Classroom Discipline Problems
- Ready, Set, Read!
- Teaching Science: Grades 4-6
- The Creative Classroom
- Integrating Technology in the K-5 Classroom
- Understanding Adolescents
- GRE Test Prep
- See more online classes
Western Carolina University's graduate program in Special Education offers teachers an opportunity to earn a professional development certificate in three critical skill areas:
- Creativity and Differentiation
- Response to Intervention for Social and Emotional Behavior
- Collaboration with Families and Professionals
This online opportunity is highly interactive and will help address real issues teachers face in today's classrooms.
Please contact Western's Center for the Support of Beginning Teachers for information regarding support for new teachers.