Nutrition, Fitness & Health Online Certificate Programs
The Online Certified Posture Specialist (CPS) certificate program prepares personal trainers and health/medical/fitness professionals to assess and educate their clients/patients in all areas of posture and body alignment. The certificate program is taught in module format and includes the complete certificate course, quizzes, and the final certificate exam required to graduate. This program is offered in both an instructor led and a non-instructor led format. In addition, this program is presented in Five Modules and students can complete the program at their own pace with unlimited access over Three (3) months. Once completed you will walk away with a National Posture institute - Certified Posture Specialist Designation!
Five Module Certificate Program ($499 non-instructor led)
Module 1: Introduction to Posture and Body Alignment
Module 2: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Physiology
Module 3: Posture Analysis, Assessment, and Evaluation
Module 4: Exercise Program Design
Module 5: Business Concepts, Client Education, and Management
The modules will describe, demonstrate, and teach posture analysis and correction in an easy to follow sequential order. In addition the program will:
- Teach individuals how to implement the NPI Posture assessment program into their organizations current health and exercise assessment program
- Evaluate the anatomical structures of the vertebral column and other extremities using the Posture and Body Alignment Grid
- Review how poor posture and body alignment develop, and how this condition can increase the chances of postural dysfunction, back pain, and risk of injury
- Teach and provide an overview of the exercise sciences such as anatomy, kinesiology, exercise physiology, and program details of performing postural assessments
- Teach methods to correct alignment, reverse patterns, improve posture, relieve back pain and train people through cognitive methods via the NPI’s Four Points of Posture™ Program and exercise movements
Format of Online Program:
- This program is offered in both an instructor facilitated and non-instructor facilitated format
- The Online Certificate program can be completed in the convenience of your own home, office, or classroom
- You have three (3) months of unlimited individual access to complete the Online Program that includes course assignments, discussion questions, quizzes, and the final certificate exam (pass rate required: 70%) to graduate
- Online module quizzes and the final certification exam are automatically graded for immediate results
- Graduates will receive a certificate via email upon successfully completing the course and passing the final certificate exam
- No Prerequisites are required, but it is recommended that you have a personal training certification or are a graduate/current student with a degree in exercise science, fitness, athletic training, physical therapy, or other related allied health/medical field
- Allows you to progress at your own pace through the online format
- Walk away with a Certified Posture Specialist Designation in addition to a Certificate of Completion from your school!
Non-Instructor Led ($499) vs. Instructor Led ($699)
Both the instructor led and the non-instructor led programs cover the same material and provide you with the same designation of Certified Posture Specialist (CPS) upon graduation. The main difference is the instructor led program has additional writing assignments required that an instructor will grade and provide feedback and guidance on. In addition, you will be able to interact with the instructor via email and telephone. This is a great option for those that want to get the most out of their education in addition to absorbing additional knowledge from a National Posture Institute - Certified Posture Specialist Staff Member. It is not, however, necessary for becoming a Certified Posture Specialist.
Who Should Attend:
- Personal Trainers
- Physical Therapists
- Allied Health/Medical Professionals
- Registered Dietitians
- Anyone interested in assessing and educating their clients/patients in all areas of posture and body alignment
Workplace Advantages and Benefits:
- Expand your current business by offering posture assessments to your clients, athletes, older adults, children, etc.
- Increased client/patient retention by providing specialized posture assessment and training programs
- The ability to create a new niche in your community by becoming a Certified Posture Specialist through the National Posture Institute!
- Provide community education workshops related to posture correction
- A professional certificate from an accredited institution
This program is open enrollment meaning students can register at any time, and once logged in, students are provided with 3 months of unlimited access to complete the program.
Ken Baldwin from the Personal Fitness Training Program.
Since it is more of a certification as apposed to an educational program, we currently do not have CEC/CEU approvals, as most of the current Personal Training organizations such as ACE and ACSM see it as a competitor program.