WCU's Biltmore Park Campus
Saturday, September 27, 2014
9am - 4pm (Check-in beginning at 8:30)
NCNA credits are available only to registered nurses (RN). Students must
pre-register and show student ID at the door.
Western Carolina University is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Western Carolina University will host the 2nd Annual Nursing Christian Fellowship Conference on September 27, 2014 at WCU Biltmore Park Campus. The conference will focus on "Called to Serve at Home and Abroad". John Sexton will share his perspectives of service both home and abroad. His experiences include serving under the Mission to the World umbrella. Along with his wife Elizabeth, he has served in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Other speakers include : Cheryl Clark, Sheila Chapman, Judy Neubrander, Sharon Turner, and Maureen Carr.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the meaning of "nursing service"
- Identify at least three of the top medical/nursing problems common in developing countries.
- Locate resources available that support global nursing service.
- Identify transcultural implications of providing nursing care
- Describe ways to effectively serve as a nurse in a developing country.
- List three challenges of volunteering as a nurse in the community.
Western Carolina University is an approved provider of nursing continuing education by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity provides 4.5 contact hours of nursing continuing education.