Here is a list of useful things to bring with you for your stay at Western Carolina University.
• Mattress pad (the dorm beds may not be as comfortable as the one you sleep on at home)
• Your own personal pillow (a basic pillow will be provided for you by WCU along with sheets, towels and washcloths)
• Fitted twinXL bed sheet (WCU provides sheets. However, they are two flat sheets. You may prefer a fitted one)
• Toiletries (basic items are not available for purchase in the dorm)
• Extra blanket (some dorm rooms tend to get quite chilly during the night)
• Desk lamp or night light (the only lighting in the rooms comes from fluorescent ceiling lights)
• Ethernet cable (although the dorm is equipped with wireless Internet, a direct connection via Ethernet cable is sometimes more reliable)
Instructional Classroom (many of these items can be purchased in the Dulcimer Emporium)
• Note Pad
• Electronic Tuner
• Extra Strings
• Music Stand
• Reading Glasses
• Pocket Size Recorder (please ask permission from the instructor before doing any recording)
What To Wear
• Comfortable, casual clothes are best. Although it's July, the dorm rooms and instructional classrooms sometime get a bit chilly. So, a long sleeved shirt or two and maybe even a sweater could come in handy - especially if you're one who tends to get cold easily.
• Comfortable walking shoes. The campus setting provides an excellent opportunity to get some exercise between classes if you choose.
• Rain jacket or umbrella. Although it's just a short walk form the dorm to the cafeteria, you might appreciate some protection, should it rain.