Honors College Faculty & Staff Directory
Professor of English
Office Address: HC 105 Balsam Hall
- Ph.D. in American Literature, Ohio University
- M.A. in Creative Writing, Ohio University
- B.S. in Journalism with Highest Honors, California Polytechnic State University
- A.A. in Liberal Arts, Ventura College
- The Library of America edition of Steinbeck’s works, Travels with Charley and Later Novels (co-edited with Robert DeMott, 2007)
- A John Steinbeck Encyclopedia (co-edited with Michael Meyer, 2006)
- The Darkest Clearing (2004)
- Prose for Papa (Hemingway) award for short story “Clean Break” (2006)
- WCU University Scholar (2004)
Along with the Honors Forum courses, Dr. Railsback, a professor of English, teaches Honors tutorial courses in creative writing and literature. He was founding dean of The Honors College in 1997, resigned to be Department Head of English in 2000, and was called back to The Honors College as dean in 2004.
Dr. Railsback grew up in Southern California (Los Angeles and Ventura), and is married to Sandra Railsback, with sons Travis (21) and Justin (19), and daughter Cadence (16).