Pre-Professional FAQs

Honors College Advising FAQs
Advising Top 5 FAQs

1.    How do I declare/change my major? Come to The Honors College and meet with an Honors advisor to declare or change your major. We can help you determine which major is the best fit for you and your future goals.

2.    How do I calculate my GPA? Visit the Calculate Your GPA website

3.    Who is my advisor? You can find the name of your advisor in MyCat under Personal Services > Student Records > View Student Information. In the list of information, you will find the name of your primary advisor. This is the advisor you will see to obtain your Alt PIN.

4.    How do I make an appointment with my advisor? To make an appointment with an Honors advisor, log into GradesFirst.  To make an appointment with your faculty advisor, contact him/her by phone, email or door sign-up sheet.

5.    How do I run a degree audit/evaluation? Log into My Cat (
  1. Click on the “Personal Services” tab
  2. Click on the “Student” tab
  3. Click on “Student Records”
  4. Click on “Degree Audit/Evaluation”
  5. Choose the appropriate term (if this is an option) and click submit
  6. You will see your current curriculum information including your major. To run a degree  audit/evaluation, click on “Generate New Evaluation” in the middle of the page at the bottom.
  7. Select the button next to the major you wish to run an audit for and click the Generate Request button.
  8. Wait patiently for the audit to generate.
  9. Select the button next to “Detail Requirements” and click submit.
  10. You should now see your degree audit. Courses you still need to satisfy will appear with a red “No” next to them.

Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services