Undergraduate Research
Honors Contracts

*The Honors contract must be completed for you to receive Honors College credit.

Honors contract forms are available at the Honors Office in Balsam Hall (HC 101) or can be downloaded from Resources and Forms.

To start a contract, propose an idea to your instructor in the class of your choice. Ideally, you and the instructor will agree on a project. Remember that instructors are not required to agree to a contract.

The contract should involve a project or activity that takes you deeper into the course content and results in an experience relevant to your preparation as a professional. The contract may be achieved in many ways, as long as the work is relevant to the course content.  

Once you and the instructor agree on a contract idea, complete the form, and submit the signed original Honors contract to The Honors College (HC 101) by the due date specified on the contract.

A student at NCUR 2013 discussing his poster with a member of faculty

Students often use the projects they complete for an Honors contract as entries in WCU's annual Undergraduate Expo and NCUR, an annual national conference for undergraduate research. Pictured above, a student discusses his poster with a faculty member at NCUR 2013.


Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services