Philosophy and Religion Department
- Ph.D., Philosophy, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- M.S., Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- B.A., Liberal Arts, Bryan College, Dayton, TN
Selected Publications & Presentations
- "Bugbee’s Wilderness: Metaphysical and Montanan,” The Pluralist 8.3 (Fall 2013): 46-54
- Entry on the "Philosophy of American Wilderness" in The International Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- “The Possibility of Managing for Wilderness,” Environmental Ethics 31 (Winter 2009): 413-429.
- “Evangelicals are Conservationists.” Conservation Biology. 19:6. (December 2005): 1687-1688.
- "Wilderness: The History and Significance of an American Idea," Center for Life Enrichment public lecture. July 22, 2014. Highlands, North Carolina.
- “Is it Possible to Manage Wilderness?” Biology Department Paul Burton Seminar Series. January 23, 2009. Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, North Carolina.