Resources for Computer Science Students
Resources for Computer Science
- Integrated Design Environments (IDEs)
- BlueJ - BlueJ is an integrated Java environment specifically designed for introductory teaching. (Java)
- Eclipse - Eclipse is an open source community, whose projects are focused on building an open development platform comprised of extensible frameworks, tools and runtimes for building, deploying and managing software across the lifecycle. (Java, C, C++)
- IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition is the open source version of IntelliJ IDEA, a premier IDE for Java, Groovy and other programming languages. (Download link)
- jGRASP - An Integrated Development Environment with Visualizations for Improving Software Comprehensibility. (Java, C, C++, Objective-C, Ada, and VHDL)
- Netbeans - The only IDE you need! Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris. NetBeans IDE is open-source and free. (Java, C, C++)
- Assembly (directly course related)
- SPIM - SPIM is a MIPS32 simulator for Windows, Linux, and Macintosh users.
- Perl.com - Perl.com is controlled by O'Reilly and lists several great resources for Perl programming.
Resources for Mathematics and Computer Science
- PuTTY - PuTTY is a free telnet/SSH client used in the department. This software is used to connect to the departmental server.
- FileZilla - FileZilla is a SFTP client. This program may be used to connect to the departmental server.
- Cygwin - Cygwin is a Unix emulator for the MS Windows operating system. This can be used to connect to the departmental server and run X11 applications such as Kile.
- Xming - Xming is a port of the X Window system for MS Windows. This can be used in conjunction with PuTTy to load X11 applications from the departmental server.
- LaTeX Packages
MikTex - MikTex provides LaTeX to computers running Windows XP.
LaTeX for Macintosh
LaTeX for Linux
- LaTeX Editors
TeXnicCenter - A LaTeX Editor for Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
Kile - A LaTeX Editor for KDE on Linux.
- NASA SP-7084 (Alternative) - (Grammar, Punctuation, and Capitalization: A Handbook for Technical Writers and Editors)
External Links (Associations)