Department of Chemistry and Physics
Associate Professor, Organic Chemistry
Associate Department Head
- Ph.D., North Carolina State University, 1992
- B.A., Grinnell College, 1983
Areas of Interest:
Self-assembly of organic systems in solution specifically focusing on Lewis base - boron atom dative bond interactions.
- Beverly B. Smith, Darron E. Hill, T. Ashton Cropp, Rosa D. Walsh, David Cartrette, Sherry Hipps, Amy M. Shachter, William T. Pennington, and William R. Kwochka, “Synthesis of [n]- and [n.n]Cyclophanes Using the Suzuki-Miyaura Coupling”, J. Org. Chem., 2002, 67, 5333-5337.
- Cynthia Atterholt, David Butcher, J. Roger Bacon, William R. Kwochka, Royce Woosley, “Implementation of an Environmental Focus in an Undergraduate Chemistry Curriculum by the Addition of Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry” J. Chem. Ed., 2000, 77(12), 1549-1550.
- Beverly B. Smith, William R. Kwochka, Robert Damrauer, R. Jeffrey Swope, Joseph R. Smyth, “Synthesis of [6.6]Metacyclophane via the Suzuki Coupling,” J. Org. Chem., 1997, 62, 8589-8590.