Department of Biology
Office Address: Highlands Biological Station
- Ph.D. University of Georgia, 1996
- B.A. Knox College, 1988
Publications & Presentations:
- McElroy, T. C., K. L. Kandl, and J. C. Trexler. 2011. Temporal Population Genetic Structure of Eastern Mosquitofish in a Dynamic Aquatic Landscape. Journal of Heredity in press doi: 10.1093/jhered/esr088. First published onine: September 1, 2011.
- McElroy, T. C., K. L. Kandl, J. Garcia, and J. C. Trexler. 2003. Extinction-colonization dynamics structure genetic variation of spotted sunfish (Lepomis punctatus) in the Florida Everglades. Molecular Ecology 12: 355-368.
- O'Neil, P., K. Kandl, P. Yund, and J. Howard. 2001 and 2003. Population Genetics, Ecology, and Evolution Laboratory Manual. McGraw-Hill Publishers.
- Trexler, J. C., W. F. Loftus, C. F. Jordan, J. H. Chick, K. L. Kandl, and O. L. Bass, Jr. 2001. Ecological scale and its implications for freshwater fishes in the Florida Everglades. Pp. 154-181, in K. G. Porter and J. W. Porter, editors. The Everglades, Florida Bay, and Coral Reefs of the Florida Keys. CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida.
- Kandl, K. L. 2001. Inbreeding effects on population dynamics of eastern mosquitofish (Gambusia holbrooki) in two environments. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 130:1224-1232.
- Kandl, K. L., H-P. Liu, R. S. Butler, R. W. Hoeh, and M. Mulvey. 2001. A genetic approach to resolving taxonomic ambiguity in Pleurobema (Bivalvia: Unionidae) of the gulf coast. Malacologia 43: 87-101.
- Mulvey M., H-P. Liu, and K. L. Kandl. 1998. Applications of molecular techniques to the conservation of freshwater mussels. Journal of Shellfish Research 17:1395-1405.
- Distler, J. K., M. E. Dorcas, J. W. Gibbons, K. L. Kandl, and K. E. Russell. 1998. Winter mortality in the green anole, Anolis carolinensis (Lacertilia: Polychridae). Brimleyana 25:140-143.
- Kandl, K. L. and A. J. Thompson. 1996. Responses of eastern mosquitofish (Gambusia holbrooki) to acute environmental stress: Do family effects obscure inbreeding and genotype effects? Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 53: 753-760.
- Meffe, G. K., S. C. Weeks, M. Mulvey, and K. L. Kandl. 1995. Genetic differences in thermal tolerance of mosquitofish from ambient and thermally elevated ponds. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 52: 2704-2711.