Department of Biology
Office Address: 207 Stillwell
- Ph.D., Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University, 2001
- M.S., Botany, Calcutta University, 1991
- B.S., Botany, Calcutta University, 1989
- BIOL 102: Human Genetics
- BIOL 240: Introduction to Genetics
- BIOL 419/519: Cell Biology
- I Bose and TL Doering Membrane localization of Trehalose phosphate synthase regulates trehalose accumulation after heat shock in Cryptococcus neoformans (in preparation).
- Z Tong, X Gao, I Bose, DJ. Lew, and E Bi Essential role of a Cdc42 GAP in repositioning the axis of cell polarity in yeast (Science, submitted).
- AJ Reese, A Yoneda, JA Breger, A Beauvais, H Liu, CL Griffith, I Bose, M Kim, C Skau, S Yang, JA Sefko, M Osumi, J Latge, EE Mylonakis, and TL Doering (2007). Loss of cell wall alpha-1,3-glucan affects Cryptococcus neoformans from ultrastructure to virulence. Mol. Microbiol. 63(5): 1385-1398.
- JS Klutts, A Yoneda, MC Reilly, I Bose, TL Doering (2006). Glycosyltransferases and their products: cryptococcal variations on fungal themes. FEMS Yeast Res. 6(4): 499-512.
- I Bose , AJ Reese, JJ Ory, G Janbon and TL Doering (2003). A yeast under cover: The capsule of Cryptococcus neoformans. Eukaryotic Cell 2(4): 655-663.
- AR Marquitz, JC Harrison, I Bose, TR Zyla, JN McMillan and DJ Lew (2002). The Rho-GAP Bem2p plays a GAP-independent role in morphogenesis checkpoint. EMBO J. 21(15): 4012-4025.
- AS Gladfelter, I Bose, TR Zyla, ESG Bardes and DJ Lew (2002). Septin ring assembly involves cycles of GTP loading and hydrolysis by Cdc42p. J. Cell Biol. 156(2): 315-326.
- I Bose , J Irazoqui, ESG Bardes, TR Zyla and DJ Lew (2001). Assembly of scaffold-mediated complexes containing Cdc42p, the exchange factor Cdc24p and the effector Cla4p required for cell-cycle regulated phosphorylation of Cdc24p. J. Biol. Chem. 276(10): 7176-7186.
- P Yamuna, I Bose, TB Jha and S Jha (1993). Direct organogenesis from internodal segments of in vitro grown shoots of Ipecac, Cephalis ipecacuanha.Rich. Ind. J. Exptl. Biol. 31: 926-929.
- International Conference on Cryptococcus and Cryptococcosis, Boston, MA. June 24-28, 2005. Poster: Screening for genes involved in the virulence of Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Gordon Conference: Cellular and Molecular Fungal Biology, Holderness School, NH. June 20-25, 2004. Poster: Using RNA interference for forward genetics in Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Marine Biological Laboratory Workshop, Woods Hole, MA. Aug 7-25, 2003. Course in Molecular Mycology. Course directors: Dr. A.P. Mitchell and Dr. J. Edwards.
- ISHAM Conference, San Antonio, TX . May 25-29, 2003. Poster: RNA interference in Cryptococcus neoformans.
- Biological Sciences Graduate Student Symposium, Duke University, October, 1999. Poster: Assembly of a complex required for cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation of the Cdc42p exchange factor, Cdc24p.
- Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology Meeting, Maryland. July 25-30, 1998. Speaker: Linking the cell cycle and morphogenesis in the budding yeast,Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- CSH Meeting :The Cell Cycle, CSH , NY ,May, 1998. Speaker: Role of the Cdc42p exchange factor, Cdc24p in budding in S. cerevisiae.
- Small Eukaryotic Society Meeting, Research Triangle Park, NC. September, 1997. Speaker: Regulation of Cdc42p by the cell cycle in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.