Each of the Optoelectronic Laboratory stations is equipped with necessary instrumentation for measuring optical experiment results. From left to right are the Agilent 33220A Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generator, Agilent 34401A Digital Multimeter, Agilent 54622D Mixed Signal Oscilloscope, and the Agilent E3631A Triple Output Power Supply.
Agilent 33220A Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generator
Direct digital synthesis (DDS) techniques are used by the Agilent 33220A Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generator to create and maintain accurate, stable, and low-distortion output signals. Custom waveforms can be created by the 3322A using the 50 MSa/s, 14 bit, 64 K-point arbitrary waveform function in addition to standard sine, square, ramp, triangle, and pulse waveforms. Unit interface standards include USB, LAN, and GPIB including IntuiLink software linking the 33220A to PC control for simple generation of custom waveforms.
- 20 MHz sine and square waveforms
- Ramp, triangle, pulse, noise, and DC waveforms
- 14-bit, 50 MSa/s, 64 K-point arbitrary waveforms
- AM, FM, PM, FSK, and PWM modulation types
- Linear & logarithmic sweeps and burst operation modes
- Graph mode for visual verification of signal settings
- USB, GPIB and LAN interfaces
Agilent 34401A Digital Multimeter
The Agilent 34401A DMM features 6.5-digits of resolution and is capable of performing measurements up to 1000 volts. GPIB and RS-232 interfaces are standard 34401A DMM interfaces with bus throughput rated at 1000 readings per second across GPIB. Synchronization to other test system instruments is provided by Voltmeter Complete and External Trigger signals. Agilent IntuiLink software links captured data to PC applications such as Microsoft Excel® or Word® to analyze, interpret, display, print, and document test data. Meter setup allows single reading acquisition or data can be directly logged to an Excel spreadsheet in specified time intervals.
The Agilent 54622D mixed signal oscilloscope (MSO) combines detailed signal analysis with multi-channel timing measurements of a logic analyzer. The 54622D MSO is capable of monitoring and testing two analog channels and 16 digital channels simultaneously.
- Unique 2+16 channel MSO model
- 100 MHz
- Patented high-definition display with superior horizontal resolution
- 4 MB of MegaZoom deep memory mapped to 32 levels of intensity, 25 million vectors/sec
- Powerful, flexible triggering including I²C, SPI, LIN, CAN and USB
- Standard built-in floppy, RS-232 and parallel ports, FFT's
Agilent E3631A Triple Output Power Supply
The Agilent E3631A 80-watt triple-output power supply provides three dc outputs: 0 to 6 V with a maximum current of 0 to 5A and 0 to 25 V and 0 to -25 V with a maximum current of 1.0A. An auto-tracking feature provides one voltage control to adjust the +25 V and -25 V outputs simultaneously. The outputs track each other to within 1 percent, making it easy to adjust the power supply circuits requiring balanced voltages. The E3631A features:
- 80 W triple output
- Low noise
- GPIB/RS-232 standard
- Isolated 6V output