The Agilent 8164 Light Wave Measurement System serves as a platform for tunable laser modules with one large and four slim module slots. The system can host one back-loadable Tunable Laser and up to four front-loadable modules. These front-loadable modules can consist of:
- Agilent 81689A Tunable Laser
- Dual and single power sensors
- Return loss modules
- Fast power sensor modules
- Fixed wavelength laser sources
- Interface modules for optical heads
The 8164B offers standalone operation featuring a 3.5 inch floppy disk drive, VGA port, PS/2 keyboard connector, and parallel printer port. Measurements can be made in passive component or optical amplifier test using Agilent Technologies fast tunable and high power laser sources.