Rules and Regulations
You must be able to complete the half marathon in 3.5 hours or less, otherwise you will be running the course at your own risk.
- The course closes at 11:30am and course accommodations will also be discontinued at that time. Participants still on the course are doing so at their own risk.
- 5K Awards begin at 9am and Half Marathon Awards begin at 11am regardless of participant's status of completion of the race.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of the half marathon and/or 5K.
- You must be 13 years old or older to participate in The Valley of the Lilies Half Marathon.
- Race numbers (bibs) are required to participate. No bandits.
- Bibs are non-transferable.
- Coaches, baby-joggers, strollers, bikes, dogs or other pets, wagons, in-line skates, skateboards and other wheeled devices will not be allowed on the course. Strollers and baby joggers are permitted on the 5K course at the participant's own risk. Keep in mind there are gravel paths along the 5K course.
- Participants assisted in any way during the race will be disqualified. This includes having any non-registered runners/walkers alongside a participant during the race.
- Walkers are welcome, but the half marathon course will officially close at 11:30am. Participants are welcome to complete the course at their own risk. If unable to walk the half marathon course in 3.5 hours or less, it is recommended to participate in the 5K as an alternative.
- No full ear-covering headsets for listening devices (Ipod, MP3 players, etc.) are allowed. Earbuds that do not fully cover earways or obstruct traffic noise are allowed, but it is recommended that they be kept at a low volume in order to hear traffic and other people because of the "open course" structure of the race.
- Protests related to actions of any race official or volunteer will only be accepted in written form. Verbal protests will not receive responses. All decisions of the race directors are binding.
- All sales are final. Refunds and transfers are not allowed under any circumstances.
Entry fees are non-refundable and entries are non-transferable. Once you have registered and we have received your fee, you will not receive a refund for any reason. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You may not transfer your application to the following year. If you registered and are unable to participate in the race, we will reserve your t-shirt for 30 days, available for pick up from the Campus Recreation Center at WCU. If, after thirty days, you have not picked up your shirt, it will no longer be available for you. No refunds will be given due to weather and/or race cancellation.