Brief Description: A scenic course, featuring rolling hills, on the campus of WCU and along the Tuckaseigee River in Cullowhee, NC
Proceeds: The proceeds of the race will go to students at WCU to assist in professional presentations
and travel to conferences. We have a strong tradition of undergraduate research and
professional engagement, which often leads to student travel and presentations at
conferences in his or her field of study. Race proceeds will assist students with
the expense associated with these outstanding opportunities. Many students are not
able to engage in professional development without financial assistance. The race
is hosted by the School of Health Sciences and the Department of Campus Recreation
Here are some examples of ways our proceeds in the 2011 and 2012 years of the race have helped our students in their professional development:
- Students attended the NCRTAC (North Central Regional Trauma Advisory Council) Conference in Hickory, NC and the SOAR (Success Oriented Achievement Realized) course in Sylva, NC.
- 13 students went to the NC EMC (Emergency Medical Care) Research Summit in Greensboro, NC.
- A student presented at the AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) educator conference in Orlando, FL.
- A student was able to attend the NCDA (North Carolina Dietetic Association) 79th Annual Meeting in Raleigh, NC.
- 5 students will be attending the Southeast Collegiate Fitness Expo at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA.
- A student completed, passed, and received the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) Personal Trainer Certification.
- A student attended the CMAA (Club Managers Association of America) 86th World Conference in San Diego, CA.
- 3 students will be attending the American Academy of Forensic Sciences Meeting in Washington, DC.
- A student will be attending a trip to New York City to take dance classes with the Rockettes as part of her dance minor.
News and Announcements
2014 Race Results By Age
2014 Race Results Overall
2013 Race Results
2013 Race Photos
2012: Results and Photos
2011: WCU race offers training program
2011: Details announced for half marathon
2011: Runners compete in WCU Half Marathon