Above: Student Lauren Garner works with a young client.
Western Carolina University recreational therapy undergraduates are eagerly sought after by clinical agencies desiring their services as interns and by employers seeking additions to their staff. Graduates of our program are employed by hospitals and treatment centers throughout the region and across the nation.
Who employs recreational therapists?
- Psychiatric hospitals
- Nursing/convalescent homes
- Community outreach programs
- Wilderness therapy programs
- Physical rehabilitation hospitals
- Adult day care centers
- Prisons/juvenile care facilities
- Private consultancy