Fall March 1st
Spring October 15th
Summer April 19th
*NOTE: Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed.
Residents of the following states, Alabama, Iowa, Massachusetts, and Minnesota, cannot apply for admission to the DL concentrations. This is governed by the laws of those states. NOTE: This does not apply to the residential Nutrition concentration or Dietetic Internship program.
For more information on State Authorization click here.
1. Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of "B" or higher (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) in all upper-level undergraduate coursework.
Accepted applicants have had an average uGPA of 3.4 over the past three years.
2. Submit GRE scores (verbal, quantitative and analytical writing portions). Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Average GRE scores for accepted applicants over the past three years:
Verbal 153, Quantitative 145, Analytical Writing 3.62
NOTE: The GRE requirement will be waived ONLY if the applicant submits transcript verifying prior graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
3. Three letters of recommendation from instructors or employers who are able to judge
aptitude for graduate study.
4. An Application Essay (Word)
5. Students wishing to apply for admission to the Dietetic Internship must complete a separate Dietetic Internship application and be selected for admission. Applicants admitted to the DI program will be automatically admitted to the MHS program Nutrition concentration. For details on the process, contact the Dietetic Internship (DI) Program.
Cost: Tuition and Fees are based on distance or residential status.
Financial Aid: MHS students are eligible for educational loans and financial aid. For more information, click here.
Additional funding sources for graduate students is available here.
Visit the MHS Scholarships page for information on scholarships and grants.