During the junior and senior years, EMC majors accepted to the program must bear additional expenses beyond tuition and fees for all WCU students. Students must purchase uniforms, professional liability insurance, clinical tracking software, additional vaccinations required by clinical affiliates, a clinical equipment kit, professional certification courses, and some textbooks. These estimated expenses are:
- Uniforms; approximately $350
- Additional vaccines; approximately $150
- Insurance; approximately $30 annually
- Textbooks; approximately $100 per semester
- Certification courses; up to $80.00 per course
- Clinical equipment kit; approximately $85.00
- Clinical tracking software; approximately $80.00
In addition, students are required to furnish their own transportation to the sites of clinical experience.
Norma Brake cook Scholarship
Other loans, scholarships, and financial aid may be available to qualifying students in the specific health disciplines. Awards are made on the basis of need, academic promise, and personal qualifications. For complete information, contact the Financial Aid Office.