Stage & Screen B.F.A. and B.A. degrees that are performance based have an audition component to their requirements for admission.
ACTING: please be aware there are two dates set up for incoming students to audition each year in the spring. These can be found on the application form.
- Perform two contrasting, contemporary monologues. These monologues must be two minutes or less each.
- Bring a headshot or recent picture that will be kept on file. (or send with your application)
- Bring or send in two letters of recommendation.
- Bring in or send in a resume
- Submit a short essay; B.F.A's on "Why you want to major in Acting", B.A.'s on " What your top five favorite plays/films are and the reason for two of them".
Stage & Screen B.A. degree with a concentration in design/tech have review/interview components to their requirements for admission.
Students must bring with them (or send with your application):
- Your resume
- A recent photo
- 2 letters of recommedations
- An essay of "What your top five favorite plays/films are and the reasoning for two of those choices"
- And a portfolio or a collection of your design work to show level of experience
At your interview you will meet with a Design/Tech faculty member. They will conduct your interview and look over your application materials. At this time they will be able to answer any questions you may have. You may interview on our regularly scheduled auditions days or at any time during the spring semester for consideration for admittance the following fall semester.
These requirements are also listed on the application forms for each degree. If you have any questions about the admittance requirements please contact the office of Stage & Screen.