To be fully admitted into the School of Stage & Screen BFA-Theatre/Acting concentration major, you must:
- Apply to the School. Download the application form (Word), fill it out, and mail it to the address listed on the form.
- Be admitted to Western Carolina University. Note: admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the School of Stage & Screen
- Complete a satisfactory live audition for the Stage & Screen faculty. Audition requirements are listed below.
- Submit two letters of reference concerning your prospect for professional study
- Submit a Head Shot ( or recent photo)
- Submit your resume
- Submit an essay on "Why you want to major in Acting"
Audition Dates for Fall 2015 admission are:
- Saturday, November 15th, 2014
- Saturday, February 21st, 2015
- Saturday, March 21st, 2015
- Saturday, April 18th, 2015
Please make every effort to audition on one of these days. In special circumstances, other dates may be arranged by contacting the School of Stage & Screen office at 828-227-9741.
You must audition by April 18th 2015 in order to receive full consideration for admission and scholarships.
Applicants must perform 2 comical or dramatic monologues from a contemporary play or musical (not from a movie or television show) that last 1.5 - 2 mins in length each. [Please do not use any monologues from the following plays: Our Town, Promedy, Star Spangled Girl, Fantasticks, Funny Girl or any Shakespeare].