Art Education Objectives
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills critical to the art profession.
- Utilize and create multimedia and relevant technology critical to art education and the art profession.
- Demonstrate skills and understanding of the basic art processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of art and related philosophies from past and present cultures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of learners in grades K-12 and the implications of their personal growth upon art education.
- Develop a standards-based art education program that meets the needs and interests of learners in grades K-12, including exceptional learners.
- Demonstrate a variety of teaching and evaluation methods, techniques, and strategies for application in art education.
- Participate effectively in a competitive art career market.