Asheville Student Services
WCU Programs at Biltmore Park
Almost all of the Biltmore Park courses are taught by regular WCU faculty who travel from Cullowhee. Advising for most programs is available, by appointment, through the Biltmore Park office.
Western enrolls more than 600 students in Biltmore Park classes. You will find that many of the classes are small, creating opportunities for collaborative learning and individualized instruction.
Betsy Clementson, MLIS
Betsy is the reference librarian for the College of Business and our MBA students. She offers research help and basic information on the services available to students through both WCU and UNC Asheville's libraries. Contact her at email@example.com or 828.227.3413.
WCU’s Hunter Library contains more than 700,000 books and bound periodical volumes and 1.5 million units of microform. Approximately 3,300 serial subscriptions are received, including regional, national, and international newspapers. Interlibrary loan (between UNC Asheville, WCU and Appalachian State) and online research services are available. The library also houses a state-of-the-art computer lab.
MBA students also have access to UNC Asheville’s Ramsey Library.
Students have access to everything WCU Career Services has to offer. This includes:
- Appointments with career counselors job search advice, resume and cover letter writing)
- Events (Career fairs, recruitment events, etiquette dinners and receptions)
- Interview practice and critique
- Access to JobCat, WCU’s job search engine
More info: http://careers.wcu.edu
Students also have access to a variety of public services from UNC Asheville’s Career Center. This includes:
- Career resource library (books, magazines, employer directories, internship information, graduate school catalogs and company information)
- Career panels (previous topics include Diversity in the Workplace, Nonprofit Careers, Women & Writing, International Careers, Creative Careers, Health and Wellness Careers and more)
- Helpful web links and documents (including career exploration, finding a job hints, and graduate school planning)
- Any events not designated for UNC Asheville students only