I received my accounting undergraduate and graduate degrees from Western, but I feel like I received more than just an education. The professors and advisors at Western continue to support and assist me in my career well after graduation. Unlike large universities with hundreds of students in one class, Western allows for a great learning environment due in part to the personal attention professors are able to give you. The atmosphere, faculty and excellent program offerings from Western’s Accounting program has no doubt attributed to my successful career and helped me to pass the CPA exam the first time!
-Jennifer Dills, Vice President of Finance, Drake Enterprises, Ltd. Franklin, NC
** Accountancy Programs Fall Banquet **
Friday, September 20, 2013
For Reservations, Contact Dona Potts - 828.227.3383 - email@example.com
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A) in Accountancy
The B.S.B.A. will prepare you for a variety of careers.
- Program requirements
- Eight-Semester Plan for B.S.B.A. in Accounting (scroll down for 3-year plan) (PDF)
PDF documents may require Acrobat Reader.
Master of Accountancy (M.Ac.)
The Master of Accountancy degree is designed to provide students with the necessary foundation for successful careers in public accounting, industry, government, and not-for-profit institutions.
Minor in Accountancy
Community College Articulation Agreements
- Western Carolina University's accounting program has partnered with several area community colleges. Students receiving their AAS degree in accounting at one of these community colleges can make a seamless transition to WCU's BSBA accounting program and finish in 2 years. Articulation agreements can be found here.
Careers and Certification
- See the Accounting Career Center at: http://www.accountingcoach.com/careers
- Occupational Outlook Handbooks from the Bureau of Labor Statistics: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Business-and-Financial/Accountants-and-auditors.htm
- Read NC state rules about taking the CPA exam in North Carolina: http://www.nccpaboard.gov/Clients/NCBOA/Public/Static/index.html
- More general CPA exam information: http://www.cpa-exam.org/