Glossary of instructional strategies - this site gives a wide range of instructional strategies with descriptions or definitions
Higher-Order Thinking: Bloom's Taxonomy - an overview of Bloom's model of the knowledge and development of intellectual skills
Instructional Strategies Online - 5 categories of instructional strategies an explanation of these categories and a sampling of instructional methods with accompanying explanations can be found on this site:
- Direct Instruction - effective for providing information, developing step-by-step skills, introducing other teaching methods, or actively involving students in knowledge construction
- Indirect Instruction - high level of student involvement; encourages students to generate alternatives or solve problems
- Experiential learning - learner centered and activity oriented
- Independent study - fosters the development of individual student initiative, self-reliance, and self-improvement; can also include learning in partnership with another individual or as part of a small group
- Instructional skills - teaching behaviors necessary for procedural purposes and for structuring appropriate learning experiences for students.
Learning Styles/Multiple Intelligence
Learning styles and multiple intelligence - an explanation of what learning styles and multiple intelligence are all about and practical tips to make your learning style work for you.
Learning styles questionnaire - an online questionnaire to determine your learning style
PBL checklists - create printable checklists under the categories of Writing, Science, Oral Presentation, and Multimedia