The following online resources have been selected to support mentors serving in a variety of roles: lead mentor, school-based mentor, e-mentor, or retired-teacher mentor. A list of professional organizations also is included as are resources for instructional leaders.
Resources for Mentoring and Retention
- NC DPI: NC Mentor Teacher's Handbook (PDF)
- LEARN NC: New Teacher Support
- Advice for Young Educators - Jonathan Kozol talks about building relationships, fostering creativity, and standing up for students.
- Mentoring Leadership and Resource Network (MLRN)
- The New Teacher Center
- Transforming the Profession through Teacher Induction By Ellen Moir
What new teachers really need is the guidance of successful, experienced teachers trained to mentor.
- Who Stays in Teaching and Why: A Review of the Literature on Teacher Retention
Resources for Instructional Leadership