SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPRING 2014 MAED and MAT GRADUATES
The Graduate School, the College of Education and Allied Professions, and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction are working together to ensure that all graduate students who anticipate graduating with their master's degree in May of 2014 will receive the master's level pay.
It is the graduate student's responsibility to:
- complete the Application for Graduation on or before December 1, 2013. Submitting this application will generate a $60 graduation fee to your account, which will need to be paid, along with any other outstanding balances, in full prior to requesting official WCU transcripts.
- complete and submit DPI's Application Form A and the Credit Card Authorization Form on or before February 1, 2014 by mail or fax to Barbara Schade, Licensure Specialist, 91 Killian Building Lane Suite 201, WCU, Cullowhee, NC 28723 or by fax to 828-227-7388. DPI's processing fee is $55.00.
MAT Note: Those students in an MAT (Master of Arts in Teaching) program must be teaching full-time in a classroom and on a payroll for the state of North Carolina by May 21 or they will not receive master's pay once employed as a teacher in North Carolina.
Previous Employees Note: According to current legislation, if you were previously a classroom teacher and earn your master's degree in May, 2014, but are NOT on a state teacher's payroll by May 21, you will NOT receive master's pay if you go into the classroom at a later date.
ALL OTHER PROGRAM COMPLETERS
To update your license by adding educational levels to an existing license (initial or “A” level to master’s; master’s to specialist or doctorate) complete and submit the following to the CEAP licensure specialist:
Forms and Payment
- Form U - Licensure Update. Fill in personal information (top three lines) and Statement of Applicant section, including handwritten signature. WCU will complete the middle action section and CEAP Associate Dean with sign as Superintendent or Designee.
- Form V - Verification by Institution. Complete only top three lines
- A DPI processing fee is also required in order to submit your application packet, see Payments and Mailing Instructions.
- Attach copy of qualifying Praxis II score(s), if applicable. Praxis testing and registration information can be found through Educational Testing Service. Contact the CEAP licensure specialist if you have questions about whether or not the testing requirement applies to you.