Barbara Schade, Licensure Specialist
91 Killian Bldg Lane, Ste 201
Cullowhee, NC 28723
828.227.2000 tel
828.227.7388 fax

School Administrators Licensure



To apply for your Post Master's Public School Leadership Certification, visit add-on certification programs licensure.


To apply to upgrade your license upon completion of your EDD in Educational Leadership, visit updating your advanced degree licensure.


To apply for your School Administrator License upon completion of an MSA, complete and submit the following to the CEAP licensure specialist:

  • Form U - License Update.  Fill in personal information (top three lines) and Statement of Applicant section, including handwritten signature.  WCU will complete middle section and CEAP Associate Dean will sign as Superintendent or Designee. 
  • Form V - Verification by Institution. Complete only top three lines.
  • Test Scores – The School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) test has been deleted as a licensure requirement.  If you took the test prior to August 2011 and wish to submit your qualifying score to the Department of Public Instruction, attach a copy to your application.
  • A DPI processing fee is required in order to submit your application packet, see Payments and Mailing Instructions.



Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services