All information listed below is very important and needs to be followed. Please read the directions as noted and send your completed forms and supporting material to the CEAP Licensure Specialist.
- All transcripts are required for “any degree not already on file in the Licensure Section. Original transcripts must show the degree and date it was awarded.” The licensure specialist will supply an original WCU degree-dated transcript to include with your license application. Submit original, degree-dated transcripts for any other degrees and any coursework you have completed not listed on your transcript (community college or post-degree credits.) Grade reports and computer-generated copies are not acceptable.
- Transcripts and diplomas will not be issued until all WCU accounts are paid in full. Transcripts need to accompany license applications to the Department of Public Instruction (DPI). Contact the OneStop Student Service Center at 828-227-7170 for account information before and after graduation to check on your account and remove all holds.
- Completed license applications are processed at WCU after degree conferral dates are posted and state required electronic evidences are evaluated. Completed license applications for alternative licensure and add-on programs are processed after grades are posted, required electroinc evidences are evaluated and, if applicable, presentations and portfolios have been assessed.
- Make sure that the address you provide on all DPI forms is an active mailing address. Licenses are not forwarded.
- If you wish the licensure specialist to disclose information about you to prospective employers and DPI for the purpose of employment and teacher/special service personnel licensure, please complete and return the Authorization for Release of Information form (PDF).
- A DPI fee for teacher certification, administrative changes, additional educational levels, and new areas is $55.00. You may pay by personnel check, money order, or certified check made payable to the Department of Public Instruction. You may also pay by Visa or MasterCard. If you wish to pay by credit card, fill out the credit card authorization form. No additional fee is required if you currently hold a provisional license in the area and at the same educatonal level you are now applying for licensure.
- If payment is refused for processing fees paid by check or credit card, any license that has been processed will become null and void.