First NC Teaching License
To apply for an initial or "A" level North Carolina teaching license, complete and submit the following to the CEAP licensure specialist:
Forms and Payment
- Form A - Application for a North Carolina License. Must include handwritten signature.
- Form V - Verification by Institution. Complete only top three lines.
- LEA/IHE Certification of Teaching Capacity (CTC) - The CTC is completed at the end of Student Teaching/Internship by student, cooperating teacher, university supervisor, principal, and academic supervisor, if applicable. The original document is submitted to the Office of Field Experience, usually by the university supervisor. Your license application cannot be sent to the Department of Public Instruction without this document.
- A DPI processing fee is required in order to submit your application packet, see Payments and Mailing Instructions.
- Licensure Exam Score(s) - Mail, email, or fax original or legible unaltered copies of your qualifying test score(s) with your application paperwork to the CEAP licensure specialist. Be sure to confirm NC testing requirements for your license area before you register for a test(s). Contact the CEAP licensure specialist if you have questions.